One of the most successful private space cargo transportation companies is Space X. Founded by famous engineer, philanthropist, and businessman Elon Musk, in 2002. He owns the SpaceX and is also the CEO of the company.Till now it is the first private company to transport cargo to the International Space Station. Apart from that Space X and its team has achieved some miracle in the field of space science. So you are requested to spend at least 2 minutes to check out some amazing facts about this company.
Little extra Facts- Interesting facts about Earth Day
1. Space X made Dragon was the first cargo ship which transport goods to the International Space Station in 2012.
2. Space X founder Elon Musk had the vision to reuse the rockets as an airplane. After the retirement of Space Shuttle in 2011, Space X developed the first private manufactured reusable rocket Falcon9 and Falcon Heavy.
3. Falcon 9 is the first rocket that followed a propulsive landing, which means it can launch and land vertically. The first orbital rocket which vertically landed was Falcon 9 in 2015. And in 2017 it became the first of its kind of rocket that sent to the orbit again.
4. In 2018 SpaceX became the first space company that can send an object to space. The Tesla Roadstar car along with a mannequin named “Starman” was sent to space by Falcon Heavy rocket. These objects are placed in the sun’s heliocentric orbit, so the chance of crash with other planets is minimal. As of 2019, Tesla Roadstar has completed its first orbit around the Sun. Once used by Elon Musk Roadstar is the only production car in space.
5. Falcon 1 was the first privately funded and developed rocket that used liquid propellant. It has achieved its success in its fourth attempt in 2008. The last flight of the Falcon 1 was July 14, 2009.
6. Elon Musk expressed his wish for the colonization of Mars. They started developing the “Starship” project in 2018 to send humans and cargo to Mars by 2024.
7. Space X founder and CEO also working on a project Starship which is a fully privately funded project and is a reusable rocket that will be used for long-distance human and cargo transportation.
8. Generally, big companies are headquartered in some most amazing multistoried buildings. But for SpaceX this story is different, they have their headquarter in the southeastern part of Hawthrone Municipal Airport.
9. From members to Elon Musk each and everyone is working under a single floor. There is no specially built chamber for Elon Musk in the SpaceX office.
10. SpaceX rockets are much cheaper than NASA rockets. Elon Musk believes that 80% of the parts of rockets developed by SpaceX are manufactured in their own production facility.
11. Along with NASA, SpaceX was awarded Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity with United States Airforce in 2005.
12. In 2012 it has also signed a contract with the United States Department of Defence. As per the contract, SpaceX launched two EELV class missions. The first one is Deep Space Climate Observatory in 2015 and Space Test Program2 in 2019.
13. SpaceX also developing Dragon2 spacecraft which will be capable of transporting Human crew as well as cargo in to space.
14. As a part of the Starlink project, SpaceX started launching 1500 satellites into the lower Earth orbit. The main reason is to create a satellite constellation to develop a satellite Internet service. Those satellites will be controlled by transceivers made on Earth.